In this video we are going to show you how to setup a new Google Tag Manager account. We will follow this process to setting up the new container and transferring over the appropriate codes.
- Set up GTM container
- Copy GTM code into the website
- Add various Tags inside the container
- *First check what’s on website right now using Tag Assistant
- Use Preview Mode called Tag Assistant to test all codes are firing correct.
- Once happy, we Remove existing code from WordPress site
- Use GA Tag Assistant chrome extension to test what’s firing, or if there is any other legacy code
- Make note of any Google Ads tags that you need to transfer over to Tag Manager