WHAT ARE THE PRIORITY RANKING FACTORS FOR 2019 AND HOW WILL SEO EVOLVE IN THE NEXT 3 YEARS?
To put it short, the key SEO factors to pay attention to this year are the following:
- Technical ranking factors:
- Mobile-friendliness, that is, how well the website is optimised for mobile devices;
- Page loading speed;
- A secure https connection
- Content ranking factors:
- Page titles;
- Content relevance — you don’t necessarily have to cram in keywords, but generally, it’s useful to have relevant keywords in your texts. Your content should be not only unique and optimised but also relevant to your website.
- Behavioural ranking factors:
- Page titles and content for featured snippets which appear with your landing pages in the search results positively affect your click-through rate (CTR). Google used to deny the impact of this factor before, but the reality shows that it works this way. An above-average CTR improves ranking and increases traffic.
- Snippets should be eye-catching, with attractive layouts and well-structured relevant data.
- Link-based ranking factors:
- The number of links to a landing page;
- The quality of links (Google Penguin filters out spam links);
- Anchor links (make sure to maintain the safe ratio of branded and commercial anchors, as well as other factors).
- Ecommerce-specific ranking factors:
- The range of products/pages/services. Marketplaces and classifieds get ranked at the top of Google’s search results for a reason.
- Geo-related ranking factors:
- The ‘Contact Us’ information;
- The relevance of your content to the needs of local users.
At the same time, please, remember that analysing your competitors is the first thing to start with when promoting your brand.
Original content posted here on Promodo