- What activities am I doing now that are directly building my pipeline?
- How many potential new clients am I engaging with on a daily basis?(face-2face online wherever)
- Is the thing I’m doing right now, getting me closer to my goal?
- Video Link: (Is it making the boat go faster?)
- Do I need to look at outsourcing some tasks to free up some focus time?
1. Reaching Out
This could be reaching out to old friends, ex colleagues, or people within your network that you have lost touch with. Reach out to them, ask how they are doing! Make that network stronger. Maybe they are doing something new you haven’t heard about, maybe you are doing something new they don’t know about
2. Offer to speak at a chamber event
Showcase your offering in front of potential buyers. Make sure you have your offer crystal clear and attractive!
Alternatively find a meetup in your niche. Attend a few times first then offer to speak at one of the upcoming events.
3. Collaborations / Leveraging
Think complementary products…. Can you collaborate with a company who has the same target market as you?
Think of what could be a complementary interest for the target market.
Example: Fitness people are interested in exercises, strength and conditioning. But also, they’re likely interested in vitamins, supplements, and even healthy eating.
Found someone? Ask them to run a joint workshop
4. Focussed Customer research
– List the places that they may congregate
– When you’re done… then google “how to target X” for more ideas
5. How can I attract my client?
You want them to say “fuck yeah, I’ll give you my email for that piece of content”
Aka; we call this Bait, or Lead Magnet. I call it the “Value-Trade”. This is a piece of content (ebook, how-to guide, listicle, cheatsheet) that is of great value to your target market.
If anything doesn’t make sense, just shout. Be happy to clarify.